Terms & Conditions
- Payment Terms All products must be paid for in full before dispatch. If payment is made by cheque normal clearing periods apply, Cheque payments refused will be subject to a charge according to our loss of bank charges. All goods remain our property until payment is made in full and in cleared funds.
- Guarantees All guarantees are given in accordance with legal requirements, and we guarantee the quality of manufacture for 12 months beginning on the day of receiving your goods, problems associated with natural wood products are not covered in anyway. Natural variations in the colour or texture of wood are not to be considered as defects. Failure to follow the Storage and handling instructions will void any guarantee. After the end of our warranty periods described above, any extended warranty given by a manufacturer, importer or import agent will be covered by them. We will advise you and provide contact details for the relevant party in order for you to resolve your query or claim. We will accept no liability for any claim after the above described warranty periods.
- Delivery When signing for your door(s) and/or additional items, ‘unchecked’ or similar annotations will not be accepted and we will take no liability for any damage subsequently discovered. Visible damage must be noted clearly on the delivery note for any claim to be entertained. Please remember that, by fitting or finishing your door or making alterations in any way, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods as supplied. We can not replace a faulty or incorrectly supplied door if ANY alterations have been carried out.
- Storage Doors should be stored flat (never on the edges or ends) and evenly supported off the ground until they have acclimatized to your home environment. Under no circumstances should any door be finished with a water based solution, as severe damage could occur. Doors should not be stored in a newly plastered room or suddenly exposed to central heating or other forms of direct heat.
- Returns We reserve the right to refuse the return of correctly supplied items. In the unlikely event that any item is faulty or damaged we will replace or repair at our option. However, you must inspect your door BEFORE starting any work on it and report to us the issue within 24 hours of delivery. We will not accept any liability should you work on the door then report a fault e.g. if you fit a door then our assumption is that you have accepted it. Delivery charges will not be refunded under any circumstances, where the customer has ordered the goods incorrectly. In such cases if exchange of goods is required we will charge again for delivery at the full rate. Our liability shall be limited to the original purchase price of the goods & will not include any incidental costs and/or works and/or charges applied by any 3rd parties. We reserve the right to replace or repair at our option. Goods ordered by a customer either that we deliver correctly according to the information given by the customer and then returned or refused upon delivery will be subject to an administration and restocking charge of 25% (variable at our discretion).
WE CANNOT REPLACE OR MAKE A REFUND FOR A FAULTY DOOR IF ANY ALTERATIONS HAVE BEEN CARRIED OUT THIS IS WITHOUT EXCEPTION
- Defective and Faulty goods All defects must be advised within 24 hours of delivery. We are unable to help with exchanging or refunding an item after this time. If goods arrive defective please make a note on the POD. After checking and the goods are found to be damaged either return the goods with the driver marking the delivery note that the goods have been returned and email email@example.com within 24 hours to notify us of a problem. You will be required to provide clear pictures and written details of the damage by email or letter within 10 days of delivery in order to process a claim. No action will be taken until these are received. Please note that failure to do this may affect a claim. To help process a claim quickly and effectively it is very important that clear photos are provided. We must have written confirmation via email or letter post of any returns or exchange applications. Hardwood Doors will not be liable for any incidental work or expenses incurred out of any defect in our products or bad workmanship applied to our products. No responsibility can be accepted if wrongful or incomplete installation was carried out by the customer or its representative.
- Assignment The Purchaser may not without the prior written consent of Hardwood Doors assign all or any of its rights under any contract incorporating these Conditions.
LAW – In the event of a default of this Agreement, these Terms and Conditions of Sale shall be governed by English law.
THIS AGREEMENT IS IN ADDITION TO YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS